We are now accepting proposals from independent curators to complete our 2015 gallery schedule. Curators will be considered for group or solo exhibitions for a 7 - 8 week period and exhibitions in all media are eligible. Curators are encouraged to include an educational component (i.e. workshop, artist lecture, roundtable discussion) in their proposal to foster dialogue and further expand KAC’s educational programming.
All guest curators are paid a total stipend of $400, with a conditional $100 of that amount directed toward the educational component of the exhibition. KAC also provides exhibition postcards, additional PR, an opening reception, and support in seeking individual and corporate sponsorship for exhibitions. KAC takes 40% commission on artwork sales during the exhibition.
Gallery hours are Tuesday – Friday from 11am – 6pm and Saturdays from 11am – 5pm if you would like to view the space.
Curators must submit the following to be eligible:
- A curator’s statement detailing the proposed exhibition and including images from the exhibition’s artists
- Curator’s current resume
- A list of artists included in the exhibition proposal
- A current resume for each artist in proposed exhibit
- Exhibit budget including shipping, travel and miscellaneous expenses
- A brief description of a potential educational component or event (i.e. workshop, lecture)
Proposals can be submitted by mail to or dropped off at:
Kirkland Arts Center Gallery
Attn: Anna Braden
620 Market Street
Kirkland, WA 98033-5421
Or e-mailed to Anna Braden, KAC Exhibitions Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Please e-mail Anna Braden at email@example.com
For questions about satellite exhibition opportunities, please contact Anna Braden at firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about our City Hall Satellite Exhibitions, please contact Pat Colyar, email@example.com.