How to Register & Education Policies
Visit our home page on GoSignMeUp, our new registration system. Class listings can be sorted by header, a search bar, or a menu on the left to guide you through class options. There is also a calendar option on the top right.
Returning students: you do not need to create a new account but you are required to create a new password. Go to the login button, type in firstname.lastname for the “Username” and select “I don’t know my password”. A new password should be sent to the email address we have on file for you. Use that password login to your account. Double check the information in your account since data may be outdated. If your account does not appear, you can create a new one or call the office for assistance.
You are still welcome to register on mail, phone and in person with KAC Education office (see our hours below). We are always ready to take your call, help guide you through choosing a class, and take your registration and payment.
- Registrants must agree to KAC's terms and conditions.
- Classes not meeting the minimum will be canceled in the week prior to its start. You will be notified in advance if a class is in jeopardy. If class is canceled you will received a full refund.
- Confirmation of enrollment status will be sent via email to all who register.
10% Referral Discount Program
A 10% discount on your next class can be earned by referring a new student or a returning student who last took a class prior to 2010. We will be asking new students for a referral name when they register. If your name is provided we will contact you with a discount code to use for your next registration.
KAC, on a limited basis, allows students who expect to miss three or more classes to pay a prorated amount for one quarter per year.
- Students will not be eligible for the class if all spots are taken by full paying students.
- Prorated students will not count towards a class meeting its minimum enrollment.
- Students are limited to one prorated class per year.
- Requests for a class proration must be made prior to the start of class.
- Withdrawals ten (10) or more days prior to the first day of class: full refund less a $20 withdrawal fee.
- Withdrawals nine (9) days or less before the first day of class: 60% credit towards another class in the form of a gift certificate which must be used within one (1) year of the cancelation.
- Withdrawals the first day of class and thereafter: no refunds or credits.
Youth Enrollment Policy
Students must be 14 or older to register for adult classes. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the KAC Education Department Staff and the class Instructor. Those interested in registering their children aged 13 and under in adult classes must call or visit the KAC Education Office to register.
Clock Hours are continuing education credits for certified teachers. KAC's Clock Hours program is administered by Everett Community College (ECC). Up to 10 classes are available for Clock Hours each quarter. To learn more and register contact KAC's Education Project Manager, Liz VanBemmel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
KAC offers scholarships to cover a portion of the class registration. To qualify students must complete an application and provide requested financial documentation as noted in the application. Contact Sarah Beggs at email@example.com for more information. Scholarship applications available below.
KAC has support positions designated as Work Study positions. Work Study positions are open to students with financial need.
- Art Supplies: A 10% discount on art supplies is available to currently enrolled KAC students at the following locations listed below. Take the class email confirmation you receive from KAC to show at checkout. Discount eligible at: Artful Touch, Artist & Craftsman, Dakota Art Stores, Daniel Smith Art Supplies, and Seattle Findings (online coupon code ki25).
- Instructor and Instructor Family Discounts: Instructors receive a 50% discount on one class or workshop per quarter. Family of instructors receive a 15% discount on up to two classes or workshops per quarter with a maximum of eight classes or workshops per year, per family.
- Staff and Staff Family Discounts: Employees of Kirkland Arts Center are eligible to take one free art class or workshop per quarter, with a maximum of four classes annually. When applicable, the employee is responsible for any lab fee portion of class costs. Immediate family members of employees receive a 15% discount on up to two classes or workshops per quarter, with a maximum of eight classes or workshops per year, per family.
Education Department Staff and Work Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am– 6pm.
Sarah Beggs, Education Director, sbeggs (at) kirklandartscenter.org, 425.822.7161 x 105, 9am– 5pm.
Liz VanBemmel, Education Project Manager, lvanbemmel (at) kirklandartscenter.org, 425.822.7161 x 101, 12pm-6pm
Pat Colyar, Ceramics Technician, pcolyar (at) kirklandartscenter.org.