School and Community Partnerships Coordinator
KAC has entered a time of growth, expanding opportunities throughout the Eastside and beyond through school and civic partnerships. Pilot programs include Make Your Mark, an afterschool arts program that supports the social and emotional growth of youth, and satellite arts classes at the City of Bellevue’s Northwest Arts Center.
Individuals who will succeed in this role:
- Take pride in organizing and facilitating art experiences for people, particularly youth, and thrive in a small-team environment
- Understand and enjoy navigating the complexities of public/private partnerships
- Enjoy working with teaching artists, and elementary school coordinators
- Ideally have experience working as a teaching artist
- Have some previous experience with after-school programs
- Are detail-oriented, yet can laugh with others when things don’t go as planned
- Afterschool and community program coordination:
- Partner with education director to grow Make Your Mark from 2 to 8 sites/classes for the Fall of 2018.
- Coordinate schedules for all school sites, in collaboration with school partners, teaching artists, and volunteers.
- Coordinate workshops and other events with key community partners
- Support Summerfest coordination of events
- Support education team as needed for scheduling of teaching artists for classes at KAC
- Support marketing coordinator and graphic designer to create materials for PR, reporting, and general communication about community and school programs
- Work with researchers and program consultant to implement student, teaching artist, and program evaluations
1-3 years experience in nonprofit administration preferred. Bachelor’s degree, preferably in nonprofit management, arts education, or social service administration preferred, but equivalent experience will be considered. Intermediate to advanced skills in excel and database preferred.
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a 20 hr/wk position and hours will be flexible. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The position will remain open until filled. Apply with brief letter of why you are perfect for this job, and send current resume by July 23, 2018.