Kirkland Arts Center is a volunteer-fueled organization! We welcome volunteers of all interests and backgrounds to learn and interact with artists, educators, and other volunteers in a fun, informal, and educational environment.
Check out the volunteer opportunities below and see how you can get involved. Fill out a volunteer application, let us know what strikes your interest, and we’ll get you connected.
Volunteer Orientation is required in order to participate in ongoing volunteer activities.
Contact our Volunteer Coordinator to find out when the next scheduled orientation is happening: (425)822-7161 x106
It takes a village! Assist with greeting guests, info tables, assisting with activities, set-up/breakdown, decorations, wrapping presents…a million different opportunities are available with KAC’s many community events throughout the year.
- Class Assistant (2-4 hrs/wk; 6-8 wk during each quarter; days vary)
- Summer Camp (6-8 hrs/day; 5 days/wk; June-August)
*Volunteers with youth programs must pass a WA State Background Check prior to beginning their volunteering.
- Internship, regular, or one-time volunteering available
- Help with: mailings, filings, data management, phone lines, other projects you are interested/skilled in!
- Gallery Assistants open and close the gallery, greet visitors, answer phones, ensure proper treatment of the facility, and assist with administrative projects for the Exhibitions, Education, and Development Departments.
- 1 day/week: Gallery Assistants are required to work one gallery shift per week, typically 11am-6pm. Available days depend on current gallery staffing, but consistency is key (ie. every Tuesday).
- Required skills: Gallery Assistant positions may involve some lifting – moving chairs and pedestals to prepare for gallery rentals, etc. – as well as familiarity with computers and office software. People skills are a must. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
For more information and to apply, contact email@example.com.
Internships are offered on a quarterly basis in the areas of Education and Development. For more information or to talk with someone about doing an internship for school credit, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator.